Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Love Vs. Passion



As most of you know, I am back in Spokane. For how long I have no clue.
For the past few years I have been struggling with finding my passion and finding what I am good at, what Jesus wants me to do. I feel like I've bounced around, jumping from thing to thing, Children , Discipleship training schools, all over Africa, and in Asia, waiting for this big gong to go off in my relationship with Him and I would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was what I was supposed to be doing.
All along loving God and doing these things for his glory.
The definition of love is :a
a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
profoundly tender, passionate affection for an
Key word in that being passionate.
I don't know exactly what I am writing here but for me, I feel like there has been a disconnect between love and passion for me.

I having been loving Jesus, but not been viewing it as a passion. What if that is all He wants. What if that and that only is what He wants from me.
i
Its not about what I am do, what country I am in, or what the next step is.

I feel like one of the problem i have identified within myself is that, I am never in the "now". I am always in a different tense.
So for now the only tense i will be in, the only position i will be in, the only place I will be in...
Will be chasing the one who makes all the rest of life possible. He is my passion.

1 comment:

Brittany Deniston said...

love this post, little, big brother!